- Want the best odds of winning? Why you should avoid playing Mini Roulette
In this section, I am going to give you some basic tips and strategies that we have personally used to minimize our losses when playing Roulette. Strategies vary from Player to Player especially because Roulette is virtually a game of luck rather than skill. So, all our strategies may not work for you all the time, but we encourage you to give them a try because they have certainly proved successful for all of us at some point in time.
1. Play European Roulette in preference to American Roulette. Because of the Single Zero (0) in European Roulette, the wheel has 37 slots. As simple as this may seem, the house edge on all bets is lowered significantly to 2.7% from its original 5.25%.
2. Ensure that the casino offers the “surrender” rule for American Roulette. Using this strategy will ensure that the house edge on your even money bets are reduced to 2.63%. Bets on odd/even, high/low, or red/black will cause you to lose only half of your wager instead of the entire wager should the ball fall on a 0 or 00.
3. Ensure that the casino offers the “en prison” rule for European Roulette. This strategy will ensure that the house edge on your even money bets is reduced to 1.35%. If the ball falls on 0 after you’ve placed your even money outside bets, your bet will remain on the Roulette table in an ‘’en prison’’ state. A next spin ensues, and, if your bet wins on this spin, your bet amount is returned to you less any winnings. If your bet loses on the spin, you lose your original bet amount. If the ball lands on 0, your bet remains ‘’en prison’’.
4. Place bets that will allow you to win more money with less spins.
5. If you find that you’re losing often, reduce your bet amounts, bet on a number in the middle column and paint the number. A classic example is betting on Black 29 – place a chip on each corner around the number 29. Next, place a chip between the 0 and 00. This will lower your spending money and give you time to get back on a possible winning streak.
6. Under no circumstances should you wager on the Five Numbers bet. This only gives the house an even greater advantage than it already has by increasing it to 7.89%.
7. Don’t base your bets according to the table layout, which is only a representation of the wheel. Instead stick to betting on the wheel and what number will come up next.
8. Create a budget and stick to it. Don’t overspend or get greedy as this is a recipe for losses.
9. Only wager on inside bets that are based on the wheel. Outside bets are a trick and will cause you to lose money fast.