As with any game, knowing the basics sets a good foundation. So, here are some ground rules for you to learn before you even think about approaching those Slot machines.
1. Familiarize yourself with the Rules. It is in your best interest to know the number of coins you need to insert or how many lines are required to collect prizes.
2. Play the popular Slot machines. The casino will normally advertise these using high jackpots. Popular machines mean that lots of coins have been dumped into them; that they have been played over a long period of time; and that they payout percentage has almost been reached.
3. Create a budget and stick to it. Decide how much money you will spend when playing Slots that day. Then divide your Slots play into sessions. Lastly, divide your Slots spending money equally per session. So, let’s say you decide to spend $100 today playing Slots. Divide your playing time into 4 sessions and split up the $100 equally per session (i.e. $25 per session). You will better be able to monitor your preset budget and hopefully turn a profit.
4. Select an affordable and realistic coin denomination. If you only have $100 to spend, then you should select a smaller coin denomination (such as $0.25) in preference to a larger one (like the $1 Slots). Also, compare the payouts. If the maximum payout on a $1 machine is $500 for a single coin and the payout on a $0.25 machine is $500 for 2 coins, you will be better off playing the smaller coin denomination, as you will win more playing fewer coins.
5. Single Line Slots make your money last longer. If you’re on a losing streak or just want to make your money last longer per session, try playing a Single Payline slot machine for a while (half an hour to an hour). This could make it a win-win situation for you, because the Single Line Slots are cheaper and each spin of the reel makes you eligible for the jackpot.
6. Progressive Jackpots and Bonus Slot machines. Always play maximum coins on these machines. With the Progressive Slots, you will only qualify for the jackpot if you play the required coins. With Bonus Slots, you should bet the maximum number of coins only when the highest jackpot pays a bonus. If you’re playing on these type of Slots machines and you are not eligible for the jackpot with each spin, then you’re only wasting your time AND throwing your money away.
7. The Roulette Strategy. Yes, that’s right, you can use the Martingale Roulette strategy to play Slots as well. Increase your stake each time you lose and return to the minimum each time you win. You should play on multi line fruit machines that offer enough scope to increase your stake over a reasonable number of spins.
8. Losing streak. If you play one Slot machine five times in a row and lose each time, then consider playing another machine. 5 consecutive losses is a good indication that the Slot machine is not yet ready to pay, because it may not have collected enough coins to reach its payout maximum.