Follow our winning tips below and enjoy a stronger, longer Blackjack game.
1. It is a good idea to ‘Hit’ when you have a 16, even if the Dealer has a 7 through to Ace as a face up card. You will be surprised to see how many times you will get a 4 or 5 card versus a higher card or face up card. This is a very strategic defensive move.
2. It is a good idea to Double Down on a soft 18 when the Dealers face up card is a six. This will allow you to get more money on the table and drive the Dealer to hit and possibly get a bust card. This is a very strategic offensive move.
3. It is a good idea to Stand on two nines even when the Dealer has a seven as his face up card. This move is not either defensive or offensive. It’s simply common sense. The Dealer must stand on 17 in most cases even if it is a Soft 17 (depending on the casino rules). So, if the Dealer gets a 10 valued card, then you automatically win.
4. In multiple deck Blackjack, only use the Surrender option when you have a total of 16 and the Dealer’s face up card is a 9, 10, or an Ace
5. In multiple deck Blackjack, only use the Surrender option when you have a total of 15 and the Dealer’s face up card is a 10.
6. You should never Surrender a pair of 8s.
7. Do not Surrender a soft 15 or 16.
8. You cannot Surrender your hand if the Dealer has an Ace as a face up card, as he may have a Blackjack. If he has a Blackjack, your bet will be lost.
If you want to be good or get better at your Blackjack game, you should learn the Blackjack Basic Strategy method. This is what all the pros learned and also use to stay on top of their game. Click here for a Blackjack Basic Strategy Chart which applies to most multiple and single deck games.