Video Poker has one of the best Player odds in any online casino; however, it is still quite difficult to get a big payoff. This is one reason that Video Poker machines normally have high jackpots. The other reason is because Players don’t play using optimal strategy. That’s where you will have the upper hand because we have outlined below some strategies that will ensure you have more winning moments than losing ones while playing Jacks or Better Video Poker.
1. Ensure you know the rules of the game before you begin playing.
2. Learn the Payouts. Games which do not offer wild cards, require a pair of Jacks or better in order for you to receive a payout. This is a better advantage for you in preference to Wild card games, like Deuces Wild, which require a hand of Three of a Kind or better for a payout.
3. Select am machine that offers high returns to increase your advantage of winning.
4. Bet the maximum amount when necessary, especially when going for a Royal Flush, to take advantage of the highest expectation (i.e. increase your winnings).
5. If you are one card away from two or more possible winning hands, go for the highest paying hand, even if it has a lower probability of winning.
6. If the Video Poker machine you are playing offers Bonus Rounds, do not risk your money on these offers, as you will be straying away from optimal strategy making the game even more of a gamble.
7. Do not draw a card if you have an inside straight. The only exception should be if you are holding at least 3 high cards.
8. Do not keep 3 cards to a Straight Flush. Instead, go for lower hands.
9. Discard a kicker (i.e. a High card along with a pair). You are better off trying your luck at getting Three of a Kind.
Click here for Video Poker strategy charts and hidden secrets the casinos don’t want you to know.